Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stillness of the Water

Carefully I panned my light across the entrance to the southern cave. Most divers chose the western path. It had been accurately mapped, however safety can be a synonym for boredom.
For all I knew I was the first diver to reach this area. I marveled at the seemingly endless cave until I spotted a glean in the silt. Upon close inspection I recoiled at the discovery of a pile of dozens of empty oxygen tanks surrounded by the remains of diving suits.
Gulping I attempted to retreat the previous cave, however I stirred up the silt with my desperate actions. All I can do now is wait until the murkiness settles before I can find my way out. I hope I have enough oxygen to wait here that long. More importantly, I hope that I am alone.

original post:

No comments:

Post a Comment